Methods and Benefits
- High intensity 405 nm (UV) LED light is emitted from fiber optic handpieces instead of white light
- During caries removal, the 405 nm light causes porphyrins emitted by caries to fluoresce orange/red and healthy toothlight green.
- With a highspeed or lowspeed handpiece, the dentist removes only orange/red caries, minimizing the removal of healthy tooth (minimally invasive), maximizing tooth strength, and reducing risk of breakage.
- When all orange/red decayed tissue is removed, the preparation is complete. No probing, caries indicator dye, DiagnoCam photos, etc., are necessary, saving substantial chair time (single instrument preparation).
- F.A.C.E. (Fluorescence Aided Caries Excavation) is more accurate at identifying remaining decay than alternative methods, minimizing the risk of reinfection.
- Fluoresce HD 405 nm light causes restorative materials such as resins, cements, etc. to appear a different color compared to healthy tooth structure, enabling dentists to easily see the margins between healthy tooth structure and common restorative materials. This further minimizes the removal of healthy tooth and saves significant chair time.
More information can be found at www.laresdental.com.